Retail Store Manager
Job Title: Proto101 Store Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: 575 Bellevue Square, WA (opening May 2023)
Job Description: We are seeking a motivated and experienced Retail Store Manager to lead and manage our new Bellevue, WA location. The Store Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the store operations and ensuring a great customer experience, including overseeing sales, staff, and inventory. The ideal candidate is passionate about sustainability, fashion, and retail management, and excited to join a growing local business.
About Proto101: Proto101 is a Seattle-based, sustainable clothing company on a mission to bring you apparel in thoughtfully-engineered fabrics and designs that fit your life and your style. We strive to offer better alternatives to disposable, “fast” fashion by sourcing sustainable fabrics, making durable garments in timeless silhouettes, supporting an ethical supply-chain, and amplifying minority voices. We're building a better planet starting with the basics. We hope you'll join us and our team.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and motivate your team – their success is your success. Supervise, train and assist employees like Sales Representatives and Retail Store Clerks in customer service, store maintenance and product promotions. Including cross-training across locations.
- Achieve sales, productivity, and customer acquisition goals by developing and executing a business plan
- Ensure salespeople are delivering outstanding customer service by teaching, coaching and leading by example
- Ensure merchandising and presentation standards are met
- Ensure the store remains clean and presentable at all times.
- Build long lasting relationships and create a loyal customer following by actively selling on the floor
- Ensuring accurate inventory management
- Take ownership of improving the customer experience in the store
- Meet or exceed sales, expense and productivity target
- Develop and maintain a schedule for employees and promotions centered on holiday sales and other cycles.
- 3+ years' store management experience
- A track record of successful results, for example, strong productivity, personal trade, etc.
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial confidence to succeed in a commission-based environment
- The ability to set and achieve sales goals
- Experience developing and maintaining collaborative, productive relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Proactive in-store planning skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Organization skills
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include days, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Ability to operate basic business software programs
- A high school diploma, or equivalent (preferred)
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Proto101 is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees, including:
- Total compensation $60,000-$80,000 based on experience
- Medical/Vision, Dental
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- Employee Discount 25% off Proto101 apparel + $250 bi-annually in Proto101 apparel for in store uniform
If you are a passionate and motivated individual with a love for sustainable fashion, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Proto101 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A few more important points... The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.